|Gain a card costing up to, putting it on top of your deck.|
 Official FAQ
- The card you gain comes from the Supply and is put on top of your deck.
 Other Rules clarifications
- If you reveal a Trader to gain a Silver instead, the Silver will not go on top of your deck, but instead will go on your discard pile as per the usual rules of Trader.
 Strategy Article
There is no strategy article yet for Armory. Feel free to add your thoughts!
Like those two gainers, Armory is good for picking up cheap engine components like Villages and Smithies. It is good with Alt-VP rushes like Gardens, Silk Road, and Vineyards—though it is a little weaker for gaining the Victory cards themselves, since you ordinarily don't want those top-decked. Moreso than Ironworks or Workshop, Armory is stronger for constructing and working with engines.
However, its top-decking can be used in far more abusive ways.
- If you play Armory, gaining an Armory, it goes directly on top of your deck - guaranteeing an Armory play on the next turn. It's possible (barring cards like Minion) to empty out the pile this way in a few successive turns, which can be useful in rush strategies.
- If you Throne Room, Procession, or King's Court an Armory, you can set up a guaranteed combo on top of your deck. If you're just trying to increase your deck size, you can just put a new Throne Room and Armory right back on top; or, you can put a Village/Smithy combo on top or two Treasure Maps, or Procession and Fortress, etc.
- In the presence of +Actions, cantrips or deck drawing cards can be used after playing Armory to draw the card gained into the hand. This makes Armory especially powerful in engines, not only for gaining cards but also for smoothing out the engine. For example, if you draw two Villages and an Armory without a Smithy, you can use the Armory to gain a Smithy on your deck, drawing it into your hand with the second Village and setting off your deck-drawing chain.
- Alt-VP: Gardens, Silk Road, Vineyards.
- Engines with sub- components
- Throne Room, Procession, and King's Court
- Cantrips, in the presence of +Actions
 English versions
 Other language versions
|Japanese||武器庫 (pron. buki-ko)|
|Korean||무기고 (pron. mugigo)|
|Russian||Арсенал (pron. arsyenall)|
 Secret History