Once per turn: If your -1 Card token isn't on your deck, put it there and + .
 Official FAQ
- You can only buy this once per turn.
- When you do, if your -1 Card token is not on your deck, you put it on your deck and get + .
- The -1 Card token will cause you to draw one less card the next time you draw cards; see the Tokens section.
 Other rules clarifications
- You do not get + if you buy Borrow when your -1 Card token is already on your deck.
There is no strategy article for Borrow, but it has been discussed on the forum.
Borrow is rather straightforward: you get an extra coin to spend this turn, but you'll draw one card less next turn. On average, a card is worth more than a coin, so it's definitely not a deal you should make every turn. However, if you absolutely need a certain key card early on, Borrow can be very useful. For example, it can mitigate the negative effects of opening Mountebank or cost Trashers such as Junk Dealer and Count. It can also help you to hit for Familiar on the second shuffle. Late-game, especially in Big Money games, hitting is not as big of a disadvantage anymore, since you can just Borrow to hit Province./ on a board with
- Draw-to-X: Watchtower, Library, Jack of all Trades, Minion
- Possession: Borrowing while Possessing someone hurts them instead of you, although this might change with the new Possession rules introduced by Empires (explanation).
- Opponent's handsize attacks don't hurt quite as much
- Opponent's Relic prevents you from Borrowing
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Lenen
- Finnish: Vippi (lit. VIP)
- French: Emprunt (lit. borrowing)
- German: Leihgabe (lit. loan)
- Japanese: 借入 (pron. kariire, lit. borrowing)
- Russian: Займ (pron. zaym, lit. loan)
 Preview; -1 Action and -1 Buy would be no fun. Borrow gives you an extra + this turn, but you'll draw one less card the next time you draw cards, that's what that -1 Card thing is about. You get one less card the next time you'd draw any cards, any which way; for Borrow though that's probably when you draw your next hand. So, four cards that turn instead of five, and well make sure it's worth it. You don't want an endless spiral of debt, where you Borrow turn after turn. - meanwhile (not pictured - well neither one is pictured, but you know what I mean) just reduces how many coins you make by the next time you make any. The minus tokens are used on a few cards each, sometimes to give to yourself and sometimes to make other players take them.
 Secret History