Combo: Highway and Market
|Highway / Market|
|Set(s)||Hinterlands / Base|
 How it works
Multiple Bridges played in one turn allow you to gain a lot of cards or even all Provinces in one turn. This leads to combos such as King's Court/Bridge or Native Village/Bridge. Highway has the same cost reduction and the advantage of being a cantrip, but lacks the much needed +Buy. So you need another cantrip that offers this - like Market. Grand Market has a high opportunity cost, but can work as well, and so can Market Square. The goal is now to alternate your Market and Highway buys and try to play as many as possible in one turn. With 7 Markets and 7 Highways in play, you can then buy all the Provinces in one turn. But even if you can't manage that, as your opponent usually competes with you in getting the Markets and Highways, you can quickly end the game anyway, as the Market and Highway piles are usually low near the end of the game, so buying some Victory cards (usually Duchies) can deplete a third pile.
- You usually want a thin deck with no more than 4 other cards, so that you can draw your whole deck; go for a heavy trasher like Chapel or Steward.
- Spice Merchant is a great addition to this combo, as it is either a non-terminal trasher, or offers you another Buy for your Highways.
- After you have about 2 Highways, you can add a Talisman to your deck; with a Highway and a Talisman in play you can get an extra Highway or Market with each buy.
- In a similar manner, Ironworks, Armory or Workshop let you gain Highways or Markets with at least one Highway in play. They also can gain a Province with 4 Highways in play later in the game.
- With Quarry on the board, you can open with it, and then go for Markets first, as the cost reduction for getting Markets and Highways is even better.
- With no good trashing, you could - after you have 3-4 of each Highway and Market - buy an Inn right before the reshuffle to play all of those in one turn, possibly depleting both Highways and Markets, and then later buy another Inn for the megaturn.
- With no good trashing, Minion is good to go through your deck and play all your Markets and Highways.
- Remodelers also have a nice synergy with Highway; you can, for example, Remodel a Copper into a Highway with 3 Highways in play.
- When you can draw your whole deck, Outpost is a good terminal to add, as you can easily buy more Markets and Highways, and later spread your megaturn over 2 turns.
Strong attacks, especially cursers, prevent you from drawing a lot of Highways and Markets in one turn.