|Type(s)||Action - Treasure|
If it's your Action phase, you may play an Action from your hand twice.|
If it's your Buy phase, you may play a Treasure from your hand twice.
Crown is an Action-Treasure card from Empires. It is a Throne Room variant that plays either Treasures or Actions depending on which phase of your turn it's played in. It is the only Action-Treasure in the game, and the only Action that can be played during your own Buy phase (Caravan Guard can be played during another player's Buy phase).
 Official FAQ
- If you play this in your Action phase, you play an Action card from your hand, then play the same card again; this does not use up any extra Actions you have.
- If you play this in your Buy phase, you play a Treasure from your hand, then play it again; this does not use up any Actions at all.
- Crown can be used to play another Crown in either your Action or Buy phase, causing you to either play two more Actions twice each, or two more Treasures twice each.
- If you play Crown in your Action phase via something that lets you play Treasures (like Storyteller from Dominion: Adventures), Crown will still play an Action card twice.
 Other Rules clarifications
- The start of your turn is considered part of your Action phase. This can matter if you play Crown using Prince or Summon (either of which requires cost reduction) or a card set aside by Prince or Summon (such as Throne Room or Herald).
- As such, a Princed or Summoned Crown can never play Treasures, even if you have no Actions in your hand, and no other start-of-turn effects to resolve.
 English versions
|If it's your Action phase, you may play an Action from your hand twice. If it's your Buy phase, you may play a Treasure from your hand twice.||Empires||June 2016|
 Other language versions
Crown is the only Treasure that Royal Carriage can be called for.
 Secret History