A deck discarder, or Chancellor variant, is any card that puts your deck into your discard pile.
 List of deck discarders
Cards in italics have been removed.
- Chancellor - archetype for this category
- Trusty Steed - also gains four Silvers when this option is chosen
- Scavenger - also top-decks a card from your discard pile
- Messenger - also has +Buy and a when-buy ability
- Bad Omens - also forces you to top-deck two Coppers
Putting your deck into your discard pile does not count as discarding each card individually; using this ability does not activate Tunnels.
Discarding your deck means that the next time you draw cards (usually during Clean-up, for your next hand) you'll reshuffle, so any cards you've gained since your previous reshuffle can be drawn. As such, deck discarders are excellent at cycling. While this ability is either optional or one of a number of choices on all of these cards, it is usually a good play to discard your deck when you can.