From DominionStrategy Wiki
When you gain an Action, move 1 from its pile to this. When you buy a Curse, take the from this.|
Setup: Put 2 on each non-Gathering Action Supply pile.
 Official FAQ
- Note that this triggers on gaining an Action, whether bought or otherwise gained, but only on buying Curse, not on gaining Curse other ways.
- Ruins pile (from Dominion: Dark Ages) when used, but not on Farmers' Market, Temple, or Wild Hunt (the three Action - Gathering cards). tokens will go on the
 Other Rules Clarifications
- When you gain a Temple in a game with Defiled Shrine, you can choose which order the two on-gain effects trigger, and so can gain all of the on the Temple pile before one is sent to the Defiled Shrine.
- Setup instructions should happen in an order that allows everything to happen, so an Action Bane added by Young Witch would still get 2 put on it.
 In other languages
- Dutch: Geschonden altaar (lit. violated altar)
- Finnish: Häväisty pyhättö (lit. profaned shrine)
- German: Entweihter Schrein
- Polish: Sprofanowane sanktuarium
- Russian: Осквернённая Святыня (pron. oskvyernyonnaya svyatynya)
 Secret History