|Type(s)||Action - Traveller|
You may play an Action card from your hand twice. Gain a copy of it.|
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Teacher.
(This is not in the Supply.)
Disciple is an Action-Traveller card from Adventures. It is a Throne Room variant and a gainer. It is not in the Supply, but can be exchanged for from a Fugitive. Disciple itself, once discarded from play, can be exchanged for a Teacher. There are only 5 copies of Disciple in the Disciple pile.
 Official FAQ
- Playing an Action card from your hand is optional.
- If you do play one, you play it twice, then gain a copy of it if possible; gaining the copy is not optional once you have played it.
- The copy comes from the Supply and is put into your discard pile; if the Action is a non-Supply card, such as Fugitive, you can play it twice, but do not gain a copy of it.
- This does not use up any extra Actions you were allowed to play due to cards like Port - Disciple itself uses up one Action and that is it.
- You cannot play any other cards in between resolving the Discipled Action card multiple times, unless that Action card specifically tells you to (such as Disciple itself does).
- If you Disciple a card that gives you +1 Action, such as Artificer, you will end up with 2 Actions to use afterwards, rather than the one you would have left if you just played two Artificers.
- If you use Disciple on a Duration card, Disciple will stay in play until the Duration card is discarded.
Ah, Disciple. Now we are officially getting somewhere. The first three cards in the Peasant line are of varying quality (Soldier can be decent payload, Fugitive is usually skippable), but Disciple is a strong card. It is a Throne Room variant - those cards are pretty nice in general - that not only doubles a card, but gains a copy of it as well.
Since you really only need one Teacher to distribute your bonus tokens, it is advised to keep any surplus Travellers as Disciples. Disciples can help your Teacher by gaining more copies of the cards you gave a bonus token. For example, put your +Card token on Laboratory, which just becomes a double Laboratory, and then use Disciple on a Laboratory to draw 6 cards and gain another super-Lab. Pretty insane, and it makes you overdraw your deck in no time.
Although Disciple is stronger than Throne Room, its card-gaining could potentially backfire if you use Disciple with too many terminals. Therefore, Disciple is sometimes not as good as a simple Throne Room in doubling cards such as Monument, Mine or Saboteur. Always remain aware of your terminal space (the amount of terminals your deck can handle), and add extra Villages or hand out the +Action token if needed.
- A single Teacher
- Non-terminal draw such as Laboratory and Hunting Party, but also Governor
- Cantrips work as well, especially if your Teacher gave them the +Card token
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Leerknecht
- Finnish: Oppilas (lit. pupil)
- French: Disciple
- German: Schüler
- Japanese: 門下生 (pron. monkasei)
- Russian: Ученик (pron. uchenik)
 Secret History