When you play this, double your if you haven't yet this turn.
When you gain this, gain a Gold per Gladiator you have in play.
Fortune is a Treasure card from Empires. It doubles your current amount of when you play it, which is a potentially extremely powerful effect—so much so that it only works once per turn, and even then its cost of makes it arguably the most expensive card in the game. It is part of a split pile, with 5 copies of Fortune sitting under 5 copies of Gladiator, and it rewards you with free Gold if you gain it with a Gladiator in play.
 Official FAQ
- You only double your the first time you play a Fortune in a turn; any further times only get you +1 Buy.
 Other Rules clarifications
- Fortune does not take into consideration Storyteller; Fortune only doubles the that you currently have when you play it. that has been produced, but already spent this turn, such as via
 Alternate Versions
 In other languages
- Dutch: Fortuin
- Finnish: Palkinto (lit. prize)
- Note: This is the same word used to translate Prizes.
- German: Reichtum
- Polish: Fortuna
- Russian: Состояние (pron. sostoyaniye)
 Preview, but you don't need it all in advance. And it's not cumulative because even at ~ that was too much. It can help pay for itself, I will just point out that part.
 Secret Historycard back when they could all be bought with no . The first version was ; in the end it's , with up front please. That's how good double your is, taking into account that sometimes it helps pay for itself. And originally you could use multiple Fortunes in a turn and well doubling doublers is always trouble (