Gathering is a card type introduced in Empires. Gathering cards collect tokens on their Supply piles, which can be taken after a certain condition is met. Since the Gathered on Gathering card piles is a communal resource, all Gathering cards are also non-Attack interaction cards.
 List of Gathering cards
 Official Rules
- A few Action cards have the type Gathering; this has no special functionality, but groups cards that add tokens to their Supply pile.
- tokens on a pile stay there until an ability specifically removes them; when gaining a card from that pile, slide the tokens off onto the next card.
- tokens can be on a pile even if no cards are left in the pile (players may use the randomizer cards to mark them).
 In other languages
- Dutch: Verzamel (lit. "collect")
- Finnish: Keräävä (lit. one that gathers)
- German: Sammlung (lit. collection)
- Polish: Gromadzenie (lit. collection)
- Russian: Скопление (pron. skoplyeniye, lit. accumulation)