|Forum thread||Gokodom 2 start|
9 August 2013 -|
25 October 2013
The Gokodom 2 online tournament was the seventh tournament in the Isodom/Gokodom-series. It started on August 9th, 2014. The tournament, organized by Kirian, finished on the 25th of October 2013. 83 players signed up for the Swiss stage of the tournament. The tournament was won by WanderingWinder, beating SheCantSayNo 3-1 in the final.
The tournament consisted of two stages: the Swiss stage and the play-offs. In the first stage, all 83 competitors played 7 matches. Each match consists of a minimum of three games, and a maximum of six. A match ends after 3/4 games when a player reached 3 points. The match ends after 5 or 6 games when a player reached 3.5 points. Players who win a match receive 1 point. If the players draw 3-3, both get 0.5 point. To mitigate first player advantage, the first player-order must be A-B-B-A-A-B.
The following match results were possible:
- A player who played a match and won receives a Win (W)
- A player who played a match and lost receives a Loss (L).
- A player who played a match and drew receives a Draw (D).
- If the match was unplayed, a player who sends a PM to the TO, and whose opponent does not send a PM, receives a Win by Default (WD).
- If the match was unplayed, and both players sent a PM to the TO, both receive a Draw by Default (DD, or Handshake). (This result is not available in the last round of the Swiss portion.)
- If the match was unplayed, and the player did not send a PM to the TO, the player receives a Loss by Default (LD). This player is removed from the tournament.
- If the player was assigned a Bye, that player receives a Win by Bye (WB).
- If the player requests a Bye, that player receives a Bye by Request (BR). (This result is not available in the last round of the Swiss portion.)
Results of W, WD, and WB are worth 2 match points. Results of D, DD, and BR are worth 1 match point. A result of L is worth 0 match points.
After this first stage, the eight highest-ranked players advance to the play-off rounds. In this stage, a similar match format is used. If both players draw 3-3, an extra game is played. The winner of this game advances to the next round. In the final round, if there is a draw, the players continue to play games, and the winner is the player who leads by 1 point after an even number of games.
 Swiss stage
83 players entered the tournament, 73 of whom finished all seven matches. Players were ranked based on the amount of match points they accumulated. The top 8 advanced to the play-off round.
If two or more players were equal on points on completion of the Swiss stage, the following tie-breaking criteria were applied:
- Solkoff score, the sum of all opponents' total match points
- Cumulative score, the sum of a player's total match points at the end of each round
- Random seed, a d1000 number used for randomization.
- Requested Byes last and unpaired this round.
|Key to colours in table|
|Player progressed to the Play-Off stage|
|Rank||Player||Pld||Solkoff score||Cumilative score||Points|
|3||A Drowned Kernel||7||65||49||11|
|A Drowned Kernel||2|