From DominionStrategy Wiki
While this is in play, when you gain a Victory card, +1 .
 Official FAQ
- This can trigger multiple times in a turn, for cards gained different ways.
- For example you could play Groundskeeper, then play Engineer gaining an Estate and taking 1 , then in your Buy phase buy a Duchy taking another +1 .
- Multiple Groundskeepers are cumulative.
- If you Crown a Groundskeeper, there is still just one Groundskeeper in play, so you only get +1 per Victory card gained.
 Alternate Versions
 In other languages
- Dutch: Kasteelhovenier (lit. castle gardener)
- Finnish: Puutarhuri (lit. gardener)
- German: Gärtnerin (lit. gardener, explicitly feminine)
- Polish: Ogrodnik (lit. gardener)
- Russian: Садовник (pron. sadovnik, lit. gardener)
 Secret Historyand let you pay extra when buying a card to get +1 . It was nuts. It shifted to only working on Victory cards and then to costing up front and none later.