Choose one: Trash an Action card from the Supply, or gain an Action card from the trash.
Lurker is an Action card from the second edition of Intrigue. It's an unorthodox gainer that allows you to gain Action cards out of the trash, and allows you to set up future plays by putting Actions in the trash. That means if you can play Lurker twice in one turn, you can have any Action of your choice!
 Official FAQ
- The card trashed or gained has to be an Action card, but can have other types too. For example Lurker can trash Nobles from the Supply and can gain Nobles from the trash.
- When gaining a card with Lurker, put the gained card into your discard pile.
 Other Rules clarifications
- When you trash a card from the supply that has a special effect when trashed, the on-trash effect activates. However, trashing from the supply does not allow you to react with Market Square.
- You can choose the gain-from-trash option even if there are no Actions in the trash at the time; in that case, nothing happens. (Similarly, you can also choose the trash-from-supply option even in the unlikely event that there are no Actions in the supply.)
- Fortress - Using Lurker's ability, you can instantly gain a Fortress directly into your hand, allowing you to use it on the same turn in which you gain it.
- Throne Room - In the first instance of Lurker, you may use the first ability to get an action into the trash and then immediately gain it on the second instance using its second ability
- Cultist - As long as there is a Cultist in the supply, you can use Lurker as a +3 Cards +1 Action card.
- Catacombs - As long as there is Catacombs in the supply, you can use Lurker as a non-terminal Workshop.
- Hunting Grounds - Going for a quick 3-pile can be strong on many boards. The empty piles are most often three of the following: Lurker, Estate, Duchy, Hunting Grounds.
- Squire - Lurker costs and Potion costs , using Lurker to trash Squire and gaining a Scrying Pool or a Familiar is always better than buying a Potion. Not to mention Goons and other Attack cards.
- Mining Village - Get them back after you trash them.
- Knights - Gain action cards trashed by knights. This combination can be especially powerful when a particular knight offers an ability that is particular strong in the context of the current board.
- Grand Market - Ordinarily a very difficult card to gain, especially early in the game, Grand Markets can be gained with only two plays of Lurker.
- Various trash for benefit cards - What is better than trashing an expensive action for some proportional benefit? Recovering the expensive action card from the trash!
 English versions
|+1 Action. Choose one: Trash an Action card from the Supply, or gain an Action card from the trash.||Intrigue 2nd Edition||October 2016|
 Other language versions
 Secret History, since my new