|Type(s)||Action - Shelter|
Necropolis is one of the three Shelter cards that players start with instead of Estates in their decks in Dark Ages games. It is the only Shelter that is an Action card. Since Necropolis provides +2 actions, its presence makes Dark Ages games slightly friendlier to engine building, and it broadens the strategic possibilities for opening with terminal Actions, since each player starts the game with one village already in their deck.
 Official FAQ
- This is a Shelter; see Preparation.
- It is never in the Supply.
- It is an Action card; when you play it, you get +2 Actions.
 Other Rules clarifications
- When a Necropolis is revealed when playing Ambassador, it is not returned to the Supply (since it is not in the Supply) and opponents do not gain a copy of it.
 Strategy Article
General Shelters strategy is on the Shelters page.
- Library and Watchtower compensate for the fact that Necropolis does not draw cards.
- Necropolis provides an easy way to lower the cost of Peddler early.
- Necropolis slightly mitigates the harmful effect of ruins.
- Necropolis may prevent your Golems from finding your better action cards.
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Necropolis
- Finnish: Kuolleiden kaupunki (lit. city of the dead)
- French: Nécropole
- German: Totenstadt
- Japanese: 共同墓地 (pron. kyōdō bochi, lit. public cemetery)
- Korean: 공동묘지 (pron. gongdongmyoji, lit. cemetery)
- Russian: Некрополь (pron. nyekropol')
- Spanish: Necrópolis
 Secret History