|Type(s)||Action - Attack - Traveller|
+ per other Attack you have in play. Each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a card.
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Fugitive.
(This is not in the Supply.)
Soldier is an Action-Attack-Traveller card from Adventures. It is a mild handsize attack, and a potentially powerful source of + . It is not in the Supply, but can be exchanged for from a Peasant. Soldier itself, once discarded from play, can be exchanged for a Fugitive. There are only 5 copies of Soldier in the Soldier pile.
 Official FAQ
- This gives + , and then an additional + per other Attack card you have in play.
- Then each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a card.
- So for example if you play Soldier, then another Soldier, and have an opponent with 5 cards in hand, you will get + and that opponent will discard a card, then you will get + and an extra + while that opponent discards again.
- Soldier only cares about Attack cards in play, not Attack cards played that turn; for example using Disciple on Soldier will not produce an extra + , because there is no other Attack card in play.
- Duration Attacks played on the previous turn are Attack cards in play and so do count for Soldier.
Soldier is more or less just a weaker Militia - it's a terminal silver, meaning it gives upon play, and it's a handsize attack, but you need to play it twice to get the same effect Militia gives you. The attack part is pretty lackluster; usually, you'll only be able to play it once per turn, and as Urchin can tell you, discarding down to four cards is not all that hurtful. It does have a nice little gimmick if you happen to play non-terminal Attacks before it, because in that case Soldier gives you more money than just . If your engine has already kicked off, play a ton of non-terminal Attacks, then play the Soldier for a ton of money. It also works well with Duration-Attacks in play from last turn.
- Urchin and Minion make your opponent discard down to 4 (or draw a new hand of 4), after which playing a Soldier makes them discard down to 3, which is a lot stronger. Plus, they're non-terminal attacks, making your Soldier get more money.
- Spy and Scrying Pool are non-terminal sifting Attacks - both can help you find your Travellers faster, so you can upgrade them faster, and can make Soldier field ridiculous amounts of . They also both serve as good targets for Teacher's tokens.
- Terminal draw attacks with +1 Action token placed on them, such as Margrave, Rabble, or Torturer. Even duration effects such as Enchantress and Haunted Woods will work here.
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Landsknecht (note: name for historical mercenary soldier in the Holy Roman Empire)
- Finnish: Sotilas
- French: Soldat
- German: Soldat
- Japanese: 兵士 (pron. heishi)
- Russian: Солдат (pron. soldat)
 Secret History