|Type(s)||Action - Attack - Traveller|
+ per other Attack you have in play. Each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a card.
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Fugitive.
(This is not in the Supply.)
Soldier is an Action-Attack-Traveller card from Adventures. It is a mild handsize attack, and a potentially powerful source of + . It is not in the Supply, but can be exchanged for from a Peasant. Soldier itself, once discarded from play, can be exchanged for a Fugitive. There are only 5 copies of Soldier in the Soldier pile.
 Official FAQ
- This gives + , and then an additional + per other Attack card you have in play.
- Then each other player with 4 or more cards in hand discards a card.
- So for example if you play Soldier, then another Soldier, and have an opponent with 5 cards in hand, you will get + and that opponent will discard a card, then you will get + and an extra + while that opponent discards again.
- Soldier only cares about Attack cards in play, not Attack cards played that turn; for example using Disciple on Soldier will not produce an extra + , because there is no other Attack card in play.
- Duration Attacks played on the previous turn are Attack cards in play and so do count for Soldier.
Soldier is more or less just a weaker Militia - it's a terminal silver, meaning it gives upon play, and it's a handsize attack, but you need to play it twice to get the same effect Militia gives you. The attack part is pretty lackluster; usually, you'll only be able to play it once per turn, and as Urchin can tell you, discarding down to four cards is not all that hurtful. It does have a nice little gimmick if you happen to play non-terminal Attacks before it, because in that case Soldier gives you more money than just . If your engine has already kicked off, play a ton of non-terminal Attacks, then play the Soldier for a ton of money. It also works well with Duration-Attacks in play from last turn.
- Urchin and Minion make your opponent discard down to 4 (or draw a new hand of 4), after which playing a Soldier makes them discard down to 3, which is a lot stronger. Plus, they're non-terminal attacks, making your Soldier get more money.
- Spy and Scrying Pool are non-terminal sifting Attacks - both can help you find your Travellers faster, so you can upgrade them faster, and can make Soldier field ridiculous amounts of . They also both serve as good targets for Teacher's tokens.
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Landsknecht (note: name for historical mercenary soldier in the Holy Roman Empire)
- Finnish: Sotilas
- French: Soldat
- German: Soldat
- Japanese: 兵士 (pron. heishi)
- Russian: Солдат (pron. soldat)
 Secret History