|Type(s)||Action - Attack|
|You may trash a Treasure from your hand. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand discards a copy of it (or reveals a hand without it). Gain a Treasure card costing up tomore than the trashed card, putting it on top of your deck.|
 Official FAQ
- You may trash a Treasure card from your hand. This is optional.
- Cards with multiple types, one of which is Treasure (like Harem from Dominion: Intrigue), are Treasures.
- If you do trash a Treasure, each other player with at least five cards in hand discards a copy of it from her hand if she can, or reveals a hand with no copies of it, and you gain a Treasure costing up to more than the trashed Treasure, putting it on top of your deck.
- If there are no cards in your deck, it becomes the only card in your deck.
- You do not have to gain a more expensive Treasure; you may gain a Treasure with the same cost, or a cheaper Treasure. You have to gain a card if you trashed one though, if possible.
- The gained Treasure comes from the Supply.
 Strategy Article
Below are some basic comments about Taxman. For a more comprehensive article, see this forum thread.
Taxman combines a discard attack with upgrading of treasure. The trashing and upgrade is similar to Mine but the top-decking is much slower than placing the treasure directly into the hand. The attack is a little like a Cutpurse that can keep its value slightly later into the game, but that is not cumulative. As a card that conveys no benefit on the turn on which it is played, it tends to slow down the game.
The attack is highly situational; it can at most cause the discarding of one card. Early in the game, the attack is a sure hit as you use the card to trash coppers; later, switching to trashing silvers can provide a stronger attack against opponents who reliably draw silver, but the attack is weak against decks with less treasure. Drawing Taxman with Silver early in the game, like on the third turn, can produce an apparent conflict--the Silver attack is less likely to hit, but more devastating if it does, and upgrading the Silver is more valuable.
Because of the 5-card limitation on the attack, this card is much less devastating in multiplayer games than Cutpurse is.
- Opponents Silver-based strategies
- Opponents virtual coin can make the attack less likely to hit later in the game
 English versions
 Other language versions
|Japanese||収税吏 (pron. shūzeiri)||手札の財宝カード1枚を廃棄してもよい。手札が5枚以上の他のプレイヤーは全員、それと同じカード1枚を捨て札にする(同じカードがない場合、手札を公開する)。その後、あなたは廃棄したカードよりコストが最大で高い財宝カード1枚を山札の上に獲得する。|
|Korean||세금징수원 (pron. segeumjingsuwon)|
|Russian||Сборщик Налогов (pron. sborshshik nalogov)|
 Secret History