|Type(s)||Action - Duration - Reaction|
Either now or at the start of your next turn, +1 Card and +2 Actions.|
When you discard this other than during Clean-up, you may reveal it to play it.
Village Green is an Action-Duration-Reaction card from Menagerie. It is a village you can have now, or save until next turn. You can also play it whenever you discard it. If you discard it during another player's turn, you can save the village effect until your next turn.
 Official FAQ
- When playing Village Green, choose whether to take +1 Card and +2 Actions immediately, or at the start of your next turn.
- If you choose "immediately," Village Green will be discarded in the same turn's Clean-up; if you choose "next turn," Village Green will be discarded that turn.
- If you play a Village Green multiple times, such as with Mastermind, you choose each time whether to take +1 Card and +2 Actions immediately or next turn, and the Village Green only stays in play until next turn if at least one of the plays was for next turn (in which case the Mastermind also stays in play).
- Village Green also lets you play it when you discard it, other than in Clean-up.
- You can only discard Village Green if something causes you to or lets you, and discarding it only lets you play it once (each time you discard it). This works whether it is your turn or another player's, and whether you discard it from your hand, or deck (such as with Cardinal), or from being set aside, or from Exile. This ability does not function if Village Green is put into your discard pile without being discarded, such as when bought, or due to Scavenger (from Dark Ages). The key thing to look for is a card telling you to "discard" cards.
- If you play Village Green when it is not your turn, and choose to take the +1 Card and +2 Actions immediately, the +2 Actions will not be useful.
 Other rules clarifications
- If you play Vassal and discard Village Green, you can react with Village Green to play it, and then Vassal lets you play it too. Vassal is discarded from play that turn, regardless of whether Village Green stays out.
- When discarding multiple Village Greens, if playing one of them triggers a reshuffle (e.g. due to "+1 Card" token on Village Green pile), then you can't play anymore of the discarded Village Greens, because they get lost into your deck (Stop-Moving rule).
- Cards that dig, like Rebuild
- Library and other "may discard" effects
- Opponents' discard attacks like Militia
 English versions
 Other language versions
 Secret History