Villagers are the supply of tokens a player has on their Villagers mat, which can be spent during their Action phase, while not resolving playing a card, for +1 Action each. Villagers are represented by Coin tokens, which are also used by Coffers, Pirate Ship, Trade Route, and Sinister Plot. They were introduced in Renaissance.
 Official Rules
- Renaissance has mats for tracking Villagers, which let you save Actions for later.
- Cards say "+1 Villager" to mean, add a token to the Villagers side of your mat. A token there can be removed in your Action phase for +1 Action.
- Any number of tokens can be removed at once, each giving another +1 Action.
- Coin tokens are provided. They are not component-limited; players may use a substitute if they run out. The same tokens are in Dominion: Seaside, Dominion: Prosperity, and Dominion: Guilds; they can all be mixed together.
- Tokens being used other ways, such as on the Pirate Ship mat for Dominion: Seaside, cannot be removed for +1 Action; just tokens on the Coffers / Villagers mat.
- Tokens come from the supply of tokens, and return there; they are not taken from other mats or other players.
 Secret history