Way of the Butterfly
From DominionStrategy Wiki
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-general channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Way of the Butterfly|
|You may return this to its pile to gain a card costing exactlymore than it.|
 Official FAQ
- You only gain a card if you manage to return the card to its pile. A non-Supply card (like Horse) can return to its pile; a card with no pile, such as Necropolis (from Dark Ages), fails to return to its pile.
- The card you gain comes from the Supply, and can be any type; if there is no card in the Supply costing exactly more than the returned card, you do not gain one.
 Other rules clarifications
- Cards bought from the Black Market deck do not come from a pile, so Way of the Butterfly has no effect on them.
In a / opening, if any cards are in the Kingdom, one can be played as Way of the Butterfly to obtain a key card. This effect is almost identical to that of Feast; see Feast’s strategy page for more details.
In the late game Duchies.cards can be cannibalized into
- A just-gained Villa can immediately be played as Way of the Butterfly to gain a card, enabling early and frequent access to cards.
- Animal Fair can be played as Way of the Butterfly to gain a Province.
- Possession can use Way of the Butterfly to remove Action cards from your opponent’s deck.
 English versions
|You may return this to its pile to gain a card costing exactlymore than it.||Menagerie||March 2020|
 Other language versions
|German||Weg des Schmetterlings||Du darfst diese Karte auf ihren Stapel zurücklegen, um eine Karte zu nehmen, die genau kostet als sie. mehr||(2020)|
(pron. chō no shūsei)
 Secret History