Coin of the Realm
|Coin of the Realm|
|Type(s)||Treasure - Reserve|
When you play this, put it on your Tavern mat.
Directly after resolving an Action, you may call this, for +2 Actions.
Coin of the Realm is a Treasure-Reserve from Adventures. While only a Copper on play, it can be called after resolving an Action to give +2 Actions, making it a village. Normally this means having to wait until the turn after playing it to call it, but if played by Black Market or Storyteller, it can be used as a village on that same turn.
- This is a Treasure worth .
- You play it in your Buy phase, like other Treasures.
- When you play it, it goes on your Tavern mat. It produces that turn but is no longer in play. It stays on the mat until you call it.
- You can call it after resolving playing an Action card, for +2 Actions (which will let you play further Action cards).
- Move the Coin of the Realm into play when you call it, but it does not give you that turn, it just gives +2 Actions.
- It is discarded that turn with your other cards in play.
There is no strategy article for Coin of the Realm yet, as Adventures is the newest expansion, and the community is still discussing how best to use it. If you have ideas, please share them on the forum!
In other languages
- Dutch: Koninklijke munt (lit. royal coin)
- French: Monnaie Royale (lit. royal coin)
- German: Königliche Münzen (lit. royal coins)
- Japanese: 法貨 (pron. hōka)
Previewand goes on your mat. On some future turn, you call it to get to play more Actions. So it's a village that you can't (normally) use the turn you play it. And it's a village that just waits until you need it. You draw your two