(→Other language versions)
(→top: added improve template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|name = Followers
|name = Followers
Latest revision as of 17:04, 4 March 2021
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-meta channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Type(s)||Action - Attack - Prize|
Gain an Estate. Each other player gains a Curse and discards down to 3 cards in hand.
(This is not in the Supply.)
Followers is an Action-Attack-Prize from Cornucopia. It is not in the Supply, and can only be gained through playing the Tournament card. It is a powerful combined cursing and discard attack, which makes it often the first Prize to be taken. Followers also puts an Estate in your deck: this plus the cursing attack creates a swing of 2 VP in your favor, but it also can clog up your own deck as much as it does your opponent's.
 Official FAQ
- Do the things in the order listed. You draw 2 cards; then you gain an Estate; then each other player (in turn order) gains a Curse and discards down to 3 cards in hand.
- A player with 3 or fewer cards in hand does not discard any cards.
- If there are no Estates left, you do not gain one.
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
There's no strategy article for Followers.
It's a pretty great Prize, though. It gives a swing of 2 VP by giving out a Curse and giving you an Estate, forces the opponent to discard, and gives you +2 Cards so you get some benefit too. It's usually the first Prize to go, unless there is another curser on the board or the trashing is extremely powerful.
Note that it gives both you and the opponent exactly one dead card: it will junk your deck as much as your opponents, meaning it can be difficult to keep your own engine running if you begin to use Followers vigorously. However, this does generate a swing of 2 VP, which is pretty powerful.
- Villages, so that the Followers doesn't draw your Tournaments dead.
- Inheritance makes the Estates that Followers gives you something you actually want.
- In the absence of good trashing, Shepherd and Crossroads can help mitigate the engine clogging that repeated plays of Followers can cause for your deck.
- Other cursers which will run out the Curse pile before you get Followers.
- Opponents with powerful engines and Ambassador
 English versions
|+2 Cards. Gain an Estate. Each other player gains a Curse and discards down to 3 cards in hand. (This is not in the Supply.)||Cornucopia 1st Edition||June 2011|
|+2 Cards. Gain an Estate. Each other player gains a Curse and discards down to 3 cards in hand. (This is not in the Supply.)||Digital version has a cost ofrather than .||Cornucopia 2nd Edition||March 2018|
 Other language versions
 Secret History