|Type(s)||Action - Attack|
|Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face down, +. If it's face up, + , and each other player reveals the top card of his deck, trashes it if it costs from to , and otherwise discards it and gains a Curse.|
Giant is an Action-Attack from Adventures. It is either a trashing attack or a curser, depending on the cost of the card revealed from your opponent's deck. It is a powerful attack, but only hits every other time you play it, via the Journey token.
- At the start of the game, place your Journey token (the one with the boot) face up.
- When you play this, you turn the Journey token over.
- Then, if it is face down, you get + and nothing more happens.
- If it is face up, you get + and the attack part happens.
- The attack resolves in turn order, starting with the player to your left. The player reveals the top card of his deck, and either trashes it if it costs from to , or discards it and gains a Curse otherwise.
- Cards with Alchemy) do not cost from to . in the cost (from
- Cards with an asterisk or + by the cost that cost from Teacher, or Masterpiece from Guilds) do get trashed. to (such as
- Players can respond to Giant being played with Reactions that respond to Attacks (such as Caravan Guard), even if Giant will only be producing + this time.
Other Rules clarifications
- Shuffle if necessary to produce a card to reveal. If there are no cards in both your deck and discard pile, you gain a Curse.
Giant becomes very powerful if you can consistently play multiples of them. A Throne Room variant would be the best support, particularly Royal Carriage or Disciple; doubling (or tripling) Giant ensures that the Attack will happen. If all players go for Giants, you'll want to grab as many as you can, because they will get trashed. Similarly to a Knights game, whoever has Giants left when all the rest are trashed will have a distinct advantage, perhaps even more pronounced since Giant gives an enormous amount of and hands out Curses.
Synergies and Combos
Preview Analysisand attack is very impressive even if you don't get it every time. This guy is certainly going to bring triumph and disaster. It will feel like a disaster if you play your giant for + , flip your journey token, but it gets trashed from your deck before you can play it again. You'll have to buy another one won't you, or maybe you should have bought a second giant already?
|Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face down, +. If it's face up, + , and each other player reveals the top card of his deck, trashes it if it costs from to , and otherwise discards it and gains a Curse.||Adventures 1st Edition||April 2015|
|Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). Then if it's face down, +. If it's face up, + , and each other player reveals the top card of their deck, trashes it if it costs from to , and otherwise discards it and gains a Curse.||Adventures 2nd Edition||August 2017|
Other language versions
|German||Riese|| Drehe deinen Reise-Marker um.|
Liegt die Rückseite oben: + .
Liegt die Vorderseite oben: + und jeder Mitspieler deckt die oberste Karte seines Nachziehstapels auf. Kostet diese bis , muss er sie entsorgen. Ansonsten legt er sie ab und nimmt sich einen Fluch.
|Japanese||巨人 (pron. kyojin)||旅人トークンを裏返す(開始時は表向き)。そして裏向きになった場合、+。表=向きになった場合、+ 、他のプレイヤーは全員、山札の一番上のカードを公開し、それがコスト から であれば廃棄し、それ以外の場合、それを捨て札にし呪い1枚を獲得する。|
|Russian||Гигант (pron. gigant)|