|Type(s)||Action - Reserve|
|Illustrator(s)||Eric J Carter|
Put this on your Tavern mat.
At the start of your turn, you may call this, to discard your hand and draw 5 cards.
Guide is a sifting Action-Reserve from Adventures. A vanilla cantrip on play, it can be called at the start of a turn to discard and replace your hand. This can allow you to recover from a handsize attack, or just to skip an unlucky draw.
- When you play this, you get +1 Card and +1 Action, and put it on your Tavern mat. It stays on your mat until you call it at the start of one of your turns.
- If multiple things can happen at the start of your turn, you can do them in any order.
- When you call Guide, it moves from the mat into play, and you discard your hand, then draw 5 cards.
- You discard it that turn with your other cards in play.
There is no strategy article for Guide, but it has been discussed on the forum!
Guide is a pretty decent card; as a cantrip that sits on your Tavern Mat until you need it, it will never get in the way, and it helps 'make your own shuffle luck' by enabling you to just throw away terrible hands for better ones. It's not a power card, but it's best compared to something like Scheme; sort of like the 'stage crew' for your rockstar cards.
- Opponents' handsize attacks especially Torturer and Ghost Ship
- Opponents' Rabble, Spy or Sea Hag
- Prince of Secret Chambers: discard your hand for , draw 5 new cards
Digital version for Dominion Online
In other languages
- Dutch: Gids
- Finnish: Opas
- French: Guide
- German: Kundschafter (lit. scout)
- Japanese: 案内人 (pron. annainin)
- Russian: Проводник (pron. provodnik)
Secret History, but making it +1 Card +1 Action meant it not only saved a future hand from being bad, it didn't make your current hand bad either.