|Type(s)||Action - Attack - Looter|
Gain a Spoils from the Spoils pile.|
Each other player gains a Ruins.
- First you gain a Spoils. It comes from the Spoils pile, which is not part of the Supply, and is put into your discard pile.
- If there are no Spoils cards left, you do not get one.
- Then each other player gains a Ruins. These come from the Ruins pile in the Supply, and are put into discard piles.
- Go in turn order starting to your left; each player takes the top Ruins, revealing the next one each time.
- If the Ruins pile runs out, players stop gaining them at that point.
Other Rules clarifications
Marauder can be compared to Sea Hag and Young Witch, since it's a sub- attack which gives out junk. But Ruins aren't as damaging as Curses, and so Marauder isn't quite as dominant as them. Still, hard to ignore him. The Spoils provide a built-in way to get to , since on one card makes it easy to ramp up your economy even when your deck is filled with Ruins and Marauders.
- Vineyard, Gardens, Scrying Pool, and Death Cart decks welcome the Ruins.
- Cultist has more utility when it's not giving out Ruins.