m (→Other language versions)
(→top: added improve template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|name = Mining Village
|name = Mining Village
Latest revision as of 17:25, 4 March 2021
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-meta channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
You may trash this for + .
Mining Village is an Action card from Intrigue. It is a village (i.e., it gives +2 actions), and can also be used for a one-shot . This means it has a few distinct uses—as a way to get a very early expensive card by trashing it as soon as possible, as a mainstay of a village/smithy engine by never trashing it until the very end, or as a mega-turn enabler by buying up many Mining Villages and trashing them all on the same turn.
 Official FAQ
- First draw a card and get +2 Actions; then choose whether or not to trash Mining Village before moving on to other actions or other phases, getting + if you did.
- You may not trash Mining Village later in the turn, only right then.
- If you Throne Room a Mining Village, you cannot trash it twice (and so cannot get the + twice).
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
Original article by theory
Mining Village is best thought of as a one-shot Conspirator/Grand Market. Its ability makes it one of the best openers: by trashing it, you can slingshot to , , or possibly even much faster than you otherwise would be able to with a Silver. But to use it effectively, you have to commit to trashing it quickly; otherwise, you’ve used a critical opening buy on a useless card.
In the midgame, Mining Village is one of the most usefulnon-terminals; it’s good to stock up on them so you can cash them in all at once for a mega-turn to end the game.
The fact that Mining Village provides +Actions is really just a bonus. For pure Actions, you’re better off with the other special Villages (Native Village, Worker's Village, Fishing Village, Wandering Minstrel), since Mining Village’s special ability isn’t as helpful in an Action-oriented strategy (if you’re trashing the Mining Villages, you can’t count on them for Actions). But it’s a good foundation for a +Actions/+Cards chain if you remember to start scrapping them for cash near the end of the game.
- Bridge (save up the Mining Villages until you can draw enough Bridges together, then trash them all for a game-ending turn)
- “Mega-turn” strategies in general
- Ironworks/Workshop for grabbing Mining Villages
- Good terminals, including +Cards
- Grand Market
- Kingdoms where you need to get to as quickly as possible
- The other slingshot Baron, Moneylender) cards (
- Throne Room/King's Court (since the benefit doesn’t get doubled/tripled)
- Good / cards that you’d form your strategy around
 English versions
|+1 Card. +2 Actions. You may trash this card immediately. If you do, +.||Intrigue 1st Edition||July 2009|
|+1 Card. +2 Actions. You may trash this for +.||Intrigue 2nd Edition||October 2016|
 Other language versions
|Chinese||礦業小鎮 (pron. kuàngyè xiǎo zhèn)|
|German||Bergwerk|| +1 Karte|
Du darfst diese Karte für + entsorgen.
|Japanese||鉱山の村 (pron. kōzan no mura)||+1 カードを引く。 +2 アクション。 +のために、これを場から廃棄してもよい。|
|Korean||광산촌 (pron. gwangsanchon)|
|Russian|| Шахтёрский посёлок (pron. shakhtyorskiy posyolok, Smart Ltd)
Шахтёрская Деревня (pron. shakhtyorskaya dyeryevnya, Dominion Online)
|+1 Карта. +2 Действия. Вы можете выкинуть эту карту, тогда +.|
 Secret History