You may discard a Treasure card. If you do, take a Coin token.
- First you draw a card and get +2 Actions; then you may discard a Treasure. You can discard the card you drew if it is a Treasure.
- If you discarded a Treasure card, you take a Coin token.
- Cards with multiple types, one of which is Treasure (such as Harem from Dominion: Intrigue), are Treasures.
See here for an article about Plaza.
Plaza is useful for activating Menagerie if you have extra copies of Treasures in hand, and similarly plays well with draw-to-X cards like Library. Outside of these cases, Plaza's discard ability is generally best if you're not planning on spending the Coin token that turn; if you do, there was really no point to the discard in the first place. The main exception here is with Potion - once you've bought all the -costing cards you need, Plaza is able to turn it into more useful . Of course, if you're able to draw your entire deck, discarding each time essentially doubles your deck's -fielding power, assuming you're discarding Coppers. To that end, Plaza pairs well with Counting House; discard all your Coppers with Plaza, then draw them right back, as long as you're careful not to trigger a reshuffle.
Digital version for Dominion Online
In other languages
- Dutch: Plaza
- Finnish: Suihkulähde (lit. fountain)
- French: Place du village
- German: Platz
- Japanese: 広場 (pron. hiroba)
- Korean: 광장 (pron. gwangjang)
- Russian: Площадь (pron. ploshshad')