Salt the Earth
(→top: added improve template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|name = Salt the Earth
|name = Salt the Earth
Latest revision as of 17:38, 4 March 2021
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-meta channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Salt the Earth|
Trash a Victory card from the Supply.
 Official FAQ
- If the trashed card does something when trashed (such as Crumbling Castle), you do that thing.
Salt the Earth is a somewhat interesting event, and it may not be clear when to use it, or why it costs . It's not fast enough for rushes, as it will take 10+ turns to empty out the Province pile in a two player game (5-8 turns for the Provinces, plus another few turns to buy Silvers if you want to get every turn). Your opponent(s) buying Provinces will, of course, help empty out the pile. It will also make you fall behind quite a bit: in a two-player game, if your opponent is playing Big Money and it takes 15 turns to run down the Provinces, Big Money would get ~15 (12 from two Provinces and 3 from the Estates), and you'll get ~10 (6 from the Provinces you trashed, plus ~4 from Estates. So, it seems that Salt the Earth isn't great. However, every now and then, you will want to buy it.
- If Feodum is in the kingdom, you can gain 3 Silvers and get 1 for .
- If your opponent is going for Castles, then trashing some of the key ones (eg. King's Castle) can really hurt them (also even if they aren't, you can always trash the Crumbling Castle).
- Monument may give you enough tokens to allow you to rush, especially if the other player(s) are playing slower strategies.
- If you have +Buy and sufficient , you could, potentially trash 2+ Provinces in a turn. Because of this, players may start greening earlier and slow down, out of fear that someone might quickly end the game. You can also do this if you're ahead by a few Provinces, but your opponent is catching up to you, either because their engine is building, or because you're slowing down. However, this also applies to you: you have to be careful, in case your opponent tries this trick on you.
- Victory cards that give you a benefit for trashing them
- Your opponent going for the Castles
 English versions
|+1. Trash a Victory card from the Supply.||Empires||June 2016|
 Other language versions
 Secret History