A top decker is a card which causes a card (sometimes itself, sometimes a different card) to be placed on top of the deck rather than somewhere else (often the discard pile).
Top deckers come in four general types:
- on gain: You place a gained card on your deck rather than in the discard pile giving quicker access to the card and sometimes allowing gain-and-play.
- from hand: This is typically a drawback or Attack effect that reduces handsize but can sometimes be used to set up your next turn.
- from play: enables you to reuse the played card on your next turn.
- from your discard pile: enables you to play a card more quickly without having to wait for a reshuffle.
 List of top deckers
Cards in italics have been removed.
 On gain
These abilities offer you the option of putting a gained card on your deck.
- Prosperity: Watchtower, Tiara
- Adventures: Travelling Fair
- Nocturne: Tracker
- Menagerie: Sleigh, Way of the Seal
- Allies: Bauble, Trappers' Lodge
- Plunder: Insignia
These abilities specifically instruct you to put a gained card on top of your deck, even if you don't want it there.
- Base: Bureaucrat
- Intrigue: Replace
- Seaside: Treasure Map
- Cornucopia: Bag of Gold, Tournament
- Hinterlands: Fool's Gold, Develop
- Dark Ages: Beggar, Armory, Graverobber
- Guilds: Taxman
- Adventures: Artificer
- Empires: Rocks
- Nocturne: Greed
- Menagerie: Supplies, Demand, Stampede
 From hand
These cards place a card (or cards) from your hand on top of your deck.
- Base: Bureaucrat
- Prosperity: Clerk
- Adventures: Haunted Woods
- Empires: Haunted Castle
- Nocturne: Haunting
 From play
These cards allow you to place one or more of the cards you have in play on top of your deck rather than being discarded.
These cards allow you to top-deck themselves.
- Seaside: Treasury
- Alchemy: Alchemist
- Renaissance: Border Guard (with the assistance of Horn)
- Allies: Merchant Camp, Student, Tent
- Plunder: Crew, Landing Party, Tireless
- Promo: Walled Village
 From discard pile
- Base: Harbinger
- Guilds: Herald
- Dark Ages: Scavenger
- Nocturne: The Moon's Gift, Bad Omens
- Renaissance: Star Chart
- Allies: Order of Astrologers
- Plunder: Fated
- Secret Passage tells you to put a card from your hand anywhere in your deck.
- Stash can be put anywhere in your deck when you shuffle.
- Sibyl makes you topdeck a card but also put a card on the bottom of your deck.
 From Hand
 From Play
 From the discard pile