Main article: Gameplay
In Dominion, all players starts with an identical deck and have access to the same set of cards, called the Supply. Each card has a unique ability which can either help the player, hurt his opponents, or count towards the game ending condition. The goal is to have the most Victory points by the end of the game. Usually the Supply consists of three piles of basic Victory cards, three piles of basic Treasure cards, a pile of Curses and 10 piles of Kingdom cards. Some Kingdom cards add other piles to the setup as well. The 10 Kingdom cards can be selected by players or chosen randomly for a unique experience.
Each turn, play proceeds in three phases for each player sequentially.
- Action phase - The player is able to play one Action card from his hand. Some Action cards provide additional actions allowing for more Action cards to be played this turn. They may also produce or buys which can be used in the Buy phase. The Action phase ends when the player is unable or chooses not to play any additional Action cards.
- Buy phase - The player may play as many Treasure cards as he wishes in any order. Most Treasures generate , though some have other abilities. The player is given the ability to purchase one card from the Supply costing up to the total amount of he has accumulated this turn. Action and Treasure cards which grant +Buy allow the player to purchase multiple cards per turn. When a player buys a card, the bought card is taken from the Supply and placed in the players discard pile. Spent Treasure cards are not lost.
- Clean-up phase - All cards in play and in the player's hand are discarded and a new hand of 5 cards is drawn from his deck. If at any time a player needs to draw a card when his deck is empty, he immediately shuffles his discard pile to make a new deck.
The game ends at the end of the turn whenever one of three conditions is met.
- The Province pile is empty.
- If playing with Colonies from Prosperity, the Colony pile is empty.
- Any three supply piles are empty (four supply piles in a game with 5 or 6 players)
When the game ends, each player counts the total number ofVictory points in their entire decks. Whoever has the most is declared the winner. If two players tie for the most , whichever player had the fewer number of turns is the winner. If they are still tied they rejoice in their shared victory.
- Dark Ages
 List of All Cards
Main article: List of cards
- 2008 Meeples Choice Awards
- 2009 Spiel des Jahres
- 2009 Deutscher Spiele Preis
- 2009 Mensa Select
- 2009 Golden Geek Award (Game of the Year & Card Game of the Year)
- 2009 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming
- 2009 Origins Award, best card game of the year
- 2009 BoardGamer.ru (Russia), Best Card Game of the Year
- 2009 Boughtalot.ru, best game of the year
Voice of Experience Review - Dominion: 4000 Plays Later
|This article or section is a stub. Please help by expanding it|