Exile is a place to put cards that was introduced in Menagerie. If there are any cards in the Kingdom that use Exile, give an Exile mat to each player. When you Exile a card, you put it on your Exile mat. Exiling a card is not gaining it or trashing it. Cards on your Exile mat are yours, regardless of whether the card was yours before it was put there (e.g. Exiling a card from the Supply makes that card yours). When you gain a card, you may discard all the other copies of it you have in Exile. You cannot discard only some of the copies; you must either discard all of them, or none of them.
 List of cards, Events and Ways
- Camel Train, Stockpile, Transport :
- Banish, Bounty Hunter, Cardinal, Invest :
- Coven, Displace, Gatekeeper, Sanctuary :
- Enclave :
- Ways: Way of the Camel, Way of the Worm
 Official Rules
- In games using cards that refer to Exile, give each player an Exile mat.
Menagerie has Exile mats that cards can go on. Each player gets one.
- "Exile a card" means, put it on your Exile mat.
- "Cards in Exile" are the cards on your mat.
- Cards on your mat are yours; at the end of the game, include them when scoring.
- The cards on Exile mats are face up and public.
- When you gain a card, you may discard the other copies of it from your mat. For example, if you have two Silvers on your mat, and gain a Silver, you may discard the two Silvers from your mat - they go to your discard pile. You can leave them on the mat instead. You cannot discard just one of them.
- Exiling a card from the Supply is not "gaining" the card, and will not cause "when you gain this" abilities to happen.
- Discarding a card from your Exile mat is not gaining it either.
- Discarding a card from your Exile mat is discarding a card; if it happens other than in Clean-up, it can trigger Tunnel (from Hinterlands) or Village Green.
 Gallery of cards, Events and Ways that use the Exile mat
 Kingdom cards
 Donald X.'s comments
 Secret History
 Exiling Victory cards
." The game hasn't lost "there's nothing that costs "; most games, there isn't. You still get the joy of "oh no I'm drawing Victory cards" in most games; now you also get another experience sometimes. If the experience of "you can exile VP" sucked then sure it would be bad for whatever those reasons are. But it is not made bad just because it changes something sacred-looking. And yet some people view it that way.
At this point a lot of
 Exiling isn't gaining
 No card type for Exile