Way of the Turtle
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-general channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Way of the Turtle|
|Set this aside. If you did, play it at the start of your next turn.|
Way of the Turtle is a Way from Menagerie. It lets an Action card save itself to be played at the start of your next turn. Repeatedly playing an Action using the Way of the Turtle lets you save it for multiple turns.
 Official FAQ
- When you play the card at the start of your next turn, you can again use Way of the Turtle, delaying it another turn. You can keep doing this.
- Playing the card next turn does not use up an Action then.
- If you use a card like Throne Room to play a card twice, and then use Way of the Turtle, this does not cause the Throne Room to be set aside, or to stay in play as with Duration cards.
 Other rules clarifications
- If you use a card like Throne Room to play a card twice, and choose Way of the Turtle both times, you still only get one play at the start of your next turn, as you were not able to set it aside the second time.
- If you use Way of the Turtle on a Reserve card that can be called at the start of your turn (like Transmogrify), you can play it at the start of your turn, put it on your Tavern mat, and then immediately call it (because it's still the start of your turn).
- If you use Throne Room on a Duration card, play it once normally and then play it using Way of the Turtle, the Throne Room will leave play, and you will have to remember the Duration card's effects next turn.
You can Throne an Action card and play it one of the times using Way of the Turtle, to play the Action once this turn and again at the start of the next turn. If the Throne is Procession, in addition to playing the Action both turns, you don't trash it, since it gets set aside and stops moving, and you still gain an Action costing exactly more than it. You can play actions that are no longer useful (e.g. Moneylender) using Way of the Turtle, play them using Way of the Turtle at the start of the next turn, and repeat the loop for the rest of the game, effectively removing actions from your deck without trashing them. This can also be done with cards that have an Adventures Vanilla Bonus Token to automatically receive the bonus at the start of each turn.
 English versions
|Set this aside. If you did, play it at the start of your next turn.||Menagerie||March 2020|
 Other language versions