From DominionStrategy Wiki
|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-general channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Exile an Action card from the Supply. While it's in Exile, when another player gains or Invests in a copy of it, +2 Cards.|
Invest is an Event from Menagerie. It puts an Action card from the Supply onto your Exile mat and then draws you 2 cards whenever another player gains or Invests in that same Action.
 Official FAQ
- It only matters if the card you Exile is an Action, not if the whole pile is.
- While the card is Exiled, you draw 2 cards each time another player gains a copy of it, or uses Invest to Exile a copy of it.
- This is not optional.
- This is cumulative; if you Invest twice in the same card, you will get +4 Cards each time someone else gains a copy or Invests in it.
- If the game has another way to Exile cards, keep the Invested ones separate from the other ones; for example, you can put them half under the mat.
- Those other Exiled cards were not Invested and do not draw you cards.
- Cards Exiled with Invest can be discarded from the mat in the normal way, by gaining another copy of the card; then you will no longer draw cards for players gaining/Investing in them.
 Other rules clarifications
- If you have 2 copies of a card in exile, and only one of them was exiled with Invest, you can use Transport to topdeck the non-Invested copy.
 English versions
|Exile an Action card from the Supply. While it's in Exile, when another player gains or Invests in a copy of it, +2 Cards.||Menagerie||March 2020|
 Other language versions
|German||Investition||Verbanne eine Aktionskarte aus dem Vorrat. Solange sie im Exil ist: Wenn ein Mitspieler eine gleiche Karte nimmt oder durch Investition verbannt: +2 Karten.||(2020)|
|Japanese||投資 (pron. tōshi)|
 Secret History
Originally you just drew one card. It was cool when we tried it in the first game with it, then we never bought it. I upped it to 2 (and fiddled with the wording), and then we played it a bunch, trying to see just how good this experience was.
 Donald X.'s opinion
It was interesting that Invest got so much hate. Invest is like Torturer; you have to learn, sometimes you have to take the Curse.