|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-general channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Once per turn: +1 Buy. If your –1 Card token isn't on your deck, put it there and +.|
Borrow is an Event from Adventures. It gives the buyer + now at the cost of card draw later.
 Official FAQ
- You can only buy this once per turn.
- When you do, if your -1 Card token is not on your deck, you put it on your deck and get + .
- The -1 Card token will cause you to draw one less card the next time you draw cards; see the Tokens section.
 Other rules clarifications
- You do not get + if you buy Borrow when your -1 Card token is already on your deck.
There is no strategy article for Borrow, but it has been discussed on the forum.
Borrow is rather straightforward: you get an extra coin to spend this turn, but you'll draw one card less next turn. On average, a card is worth more than a coin, so it's definitely not a deal you should make every turn. However, if you absolutely need a certain key card early on, Borrow can be very useful. For example, it can mitigate the negative effects of opening Mountebank or cost Trashers such as Junk Dealer and Count. It can also help you to hit for Familiar on the second shuffle. Late-game, especially in Big Money games, hitting is not as big of a disadvantage anymore, since you can just Borrow to hit Province./ on a board with
- Draw-to-X: Watchtower, Library, Jack of all Trades, Minion
- Possession: Borrowing while Possessing someone hurts them instead of you, although this might change with the new Possession rules introduced by Empires (explanation).
- Opponent's handsize attacks don't hurt quite as much
- Opponent's Relic prevents you from Borrowing
 English versions
| +1 Buy
Once per turn: If your -1 Card token isn't on your deck, put it there and + .
|Once per turn: +1 Buy. If your –1 Card token isn't on your deck, put it there and + .||Adventures (2017 printing)||August 2017|
 Other language versions
 Secret History
 Donald X.'s opinion