The pile of Hexes is shuffled, and when a Doom card instructs you to receive a Hex, you draw the next one and get whatever malus it tells you, and return it to the Hex discard pile when you've resolved it. If the Doom card is an Attack, only one Hex is revealed, and it affects all other players. When the Hex pile is exhausted, the discarded Hexes are reshuffled.
Hexes are not "cards"; any text referring to a "card" does not apply to Hexes. However, for reference, the Hex effects are printed on cards in a landscape orientation with dark purple frames.
 List of Hexes
 Official Rules
- Hexes are a face-down deck of cards that are revealed as needed.
- The phrase "receive a Hex" means, turn over the top Hex, and follow the instructions on it.
- "Each other player receives the next Hex" means, turn over just one Hex, and the other players all follow the instructions on that same Hex.
- If all Hexes have been used, shuffle the discards to reform the deck; do this whenever the deck is empty.
- Received Hexes always go to the Hexes discard pile.
- If any Kingdom cards have the Doom type, shuffle the Hexes and put them near the Supply, and put Deluded/Envious and Miserable/Twice Miserable near the Supply also.
 In other languages
- Russian: Порча (pron. porcha, lit. corruption)