Heirloom is a card type from Nocturne. Heirlooms are special Treasures that replace your starting . Each Heirloom is paired with a Kingdom card; when that Kingdom card is in the game, each player starts with the corresponding Heirloom in place of a starting .
 List of Heirloom cards
 Official Rules
- Nocturne has cards with a yellow banner saying "Heirloom" and naming a card.
- In games using a card with that banner, each player replaces a starting with the named card.
- If any Kingdom cards being used have a yellow banner indicating an Heirloom, players start the game with that Heirloom replacing what would normally be a .
- For example in a game with and , players start with 3 , 5 , a , and a .
- The unused go in the Copper pile.
 In other languages
- Russian: Наследие (pron. naslyediye)
I have this preview from my father, who had it from his father, who had it from his father. Who won it in a cat's cradle contest, if you must know.
Seven cards in Nocturne come with an Heirloom. Let's see one.
That yellow band means, everyone replaces a starting with the listed card. In a game with , you have 3 , 6 , and a . In a game with , , and (they're coming in a second), you start with 3 , 4 , a , a , and a . See how it works?
 Secret History
Matt suggested having a card that caused a starting to be replaced by some non-Supply
card (that's my memory anyway; Matt thinks I just saw it in his homemade cards). He had tried it where the two cards interacted in some way. It sounded good. I thought I would try one, maybe have two or three if it worked out, possibly interacting or possibly not. In the end there are the full seven. There were times when I only had six good ones, but how do you just do six. And while only a couple of the cards directly interact with the Heirlooms they are paired with, some of them interact in a more subtle way.
Originally they had the setup
spelled out, then they had "Heirloom: ," then Billy suggested having it on its own banner. The yellow banner helps you spot these cards in time to do the setup before people are playing.