Looters are a card type from Dark Ages. They have effects that cause one or more players to gain Ruins either when they are played or when they are gained. When a Looter is present among the Kingdom cards selected for a game (either in the supply or via a Black Market deck), Ruins are added to the supply as basic cards.
Two of the Looters, Cultist and Marauder, are junkers, as they provide ways to distribute Ruins to other players, in a manner similar to Cursers. They each also have a Curser analogue - Witch for Cultist, and Soothsayer for Marauder. The overall strategy for their use is discussed on the junker page.
The remaining Looter, Death Cart, only gives Ruins to the player who gains it. While this may at first seem like a negative, Death Cart provides a way to use those Ruins, by fielding when it trashes an Action (such as a Ruins). It is not a junker, but a trash for benefit card.
Each of the Looters also fits in with one or more subthemes of Dark Ages. Cultist does something when trashed, and combos with itself; Marauder gives the player Spoils; Death Cart trashes, and combos with certain other cards in Dark Ages.
 List of Looters
 Official Rules
- If any Kingdom card has the type Looter (e.g. Cultist, Death Cart, and Marauder), add the Ruins pile to this game.
- Shuffle the Ruins cards, then count 10 per player after the first: 10 for two players, 20 for three players, 30 for four players, and so on. Put the pile face down with the top card face up. Return any remaining Ruins cards to the box as they are not used in this game.
 In other languages
- Czech: Plenitel (lit. plunderer)
- Dutch: Plunderaar (lit. "plunderer")
- German: Plündern (lit. looting)
- Russian: Грабитель (pron. grabityel')