When you play this, return it to the Spoils pile.
(This is not in the Supply.)
Spoils is a one-shot equivalent of Gold that some Dark Ages cards allow players to gain; it is a non-Supply card. There are 15 Spoils cards available, and when one is played it returns to the pile to be gained again later.
 Official FAQ
- This is never in the Supply; it can only be obtained via Bandit Camp, Marauder, and Pillage.
- When you play Spoils, you get + to spend this turn, and return that copy of Spoils to its pile.
- You are not forced to play Treasures in your hand.
 Other Rules clarifications
- Spoils can also be stolen from other players with Thief, or be obtained via Masquerade.
- Spoils cannot be gained with Mint, since it is not in the supply.
- If you play an Ambassador and reveal a Spoils, the Spoils is not returned to the Supply (since it is not in the Supply) and other players do not gain Spoils.
- The Spoils pile does not count towards the endgame condition.
 Strategy Article
Aside from its synergy with Counterfeit, Spoils can play very differently depending on how you get it. If you get it via Marauder, you're probably using it to bootstrap your way out of a junked-up early game where you can barely get to amidst the Ruins and Marauders. If you get it via Bandit Camp, you're probably running a sleek engine. If you get it via Pillage... well, it depends.
Despite the temptation to keep a Spoils and not play it, since it'll go away as soon as you use it, it's rarely the right play to "save up" Spoils for future use. It'll be a while until you see it again! Better to get a good card now, or even just a Silver if you have no coin in your hand besides the Spoils. On the other hand, you should count how much you have and not play the Spoils if you don't actually need its + . You don't have to play all of your Treasures!
- Counterfeit is very effective when used on Spoils, since the Spoils is returned to its pile before it can be trashed.
- Venture might cause you to "waste" Spoils that you don't need to play that turn to reach .
- Bank does not count Spoils, since they are returned to the pile immediately.
 English versions
 Other language versions
|Finnish||Sotasaalis (lit. spoils of war)|
|Japanese||略奪品 (pron. ryakudatsu-hin, lit. loot)|
|Korean||전리품 (pron. jeonlipum)|
|Russian||Добыча (pron. dobycha)|
 Secret History, you gain a Spoils. It seemed cute but was weak, so I gave it +1 Action. At that point it still seemed weak, but people bought it anyway.