When you discard this from play, you may put this on top of your deck if you have a Potion in play.
Alchemist is an Action card from Alchemy. It is similar to Laboratory, but can be put on top of your deck if you play a Potion; a stack of Alchemists which consistently draws your whole deck will thus be able to stay on top of your deck for the whole game!
 Official FAQ
- When you play this, you draw two cards and may play an additional Action card this turn.
- In the Clean-up Phase, when you discard this, if you have at least one Potion card in play, you may put Alchemist on top of your deck.
- This is optional and happens before drawing your new hand.
- If you have no cards in your deck when you do this, Alchemist becomes the only card in your deck.
- If you have multiple Alchemists and a Potion, you can put any or all of the Alchemists on top of your deck.
- You don't have to have used the Potion to buy anything, you only need to have played it.
 Other Rules clarifications
- Remember that you are allowed to play a Potion during your buy phase, like any other Treasure, even if you don't intend to or can't buy a card with in the cost.
 Strategy Article
There isn't an Alchemist strategy article.
Alchemist has a similar cost to Laboratory, with replacing a Silver. However, the makes it a lot harder to accumulate large numbers of Alchemists, and isn't useful for buying Provinces; Alchemist stacks are therefore pretty slow to set up. They can make for extremely consistent engines when an engine is needed, but by themselves Alchemists are not fast enough to beat reasonable Big Money-like strategies.
A key decision is whether or not to get a second Potion, to get Alchemists faster and to be more likely to keep them on top. Surprisingly, a second Potion is often unhelpful, especially in the presence of trashing.
If there are handsize attacks, then you should only put three Alchemists back on top.
- The usual triggers for engine-building, like +Buy and handsize attacks.
- Mine can make it possible to convert between Silver/Gold and Potions, whichever is most needed in the current hand.
- Sifters like Warehouse can greatly benefit smaller Alchemist engines by cycling through accumulated green and other unneeded cards to help make sure you'll always have a Potion.
- Cursers. Alchemist stacks fall apart from just one turn of not drawing the Potion, and cursers make that more likely.
- Masquerade - if you return 5 Alchemists to the top of your deck, you'll have to give one away if Masquerade is played.
- Minion - Minion can knock any topdecked Alchemists out of your hand.
 Alternate versions
 In other languages
- Chinese: 煉金術士 (pron. liànjīnshùshì)
- Czech: Alchymista
- Dutch: Alchemist
- Finnish: Alkemisti
- French: Alchimiste
- German: Alchemist
- Italian: Alchimista
- Japanese: 錬金術師 (pron. renkinjutsu-shi)
- Russian: Алхимик (pron. alkhimik)
- Spanish: Alquimista
 Secret History