Reveal the top card of your deck and put it into your hand. The player to your left reveals the top card of their deck. If your card costs more, + and +1 .
 Official FAQ
- You and the player to your left reveal your top cards; yours goes into your hand, theirs goes back on their deck.
- If your card cost more you get + and +1 ; you can put the token on the Chariot Race to remind you that it made + this turn.
- If it is a tie, your card did not cost more.
- With , your card costs more only if both and amounts are larger, or one is larger and the other the same.
- For example Fortune ( ) costs more than Overlord ( ), but Overlord does not cost more than Silver, and Silver does not cost more than Overlord.
- If either player has no card to reveal, your card does not cost more.
 Other Rules clarifications
- Cards that cost Alchemy) cost more than cards that cost only with a cost equal to or less than the -costing card's cost, and do not cost more or less than cards with in their cost. (from
Chariot Race is a cantrip with the potential to gain 1 depending on the top card of your deck and that of the player to your left.and
There are three ways of increasing your odds for getting the bonus 1:and
- Increasing the cost density of your deck relative to your key opponent will increase the potential of this card.
- Top-deck a high cost card onto your deck or top-deck a low cost card onto your leftward opponent's deck before playing the Chariot Race. This often requires a decent engine as most top-decking cards don't provide subsequent actions.
- Use a deck inspector to alter the top card in either your deck or your opponent's deck.
The following synergies do not require extra actions to play the Chariot Race:
- Harbinger can top-deck a high cost card.
- Spy lets you adjust the top of your own and your opponent's deck.
- Several deck inspectors, such as Sentry, Apothecary, Lookout, Cartographer, Scout or Wandering Minstrel, can be used to adjust the top of your deck to hopefully increase the cost of the top card.
- Secret Passage since you can decide to put the card from your hand on top of your deck.
- Artificer with a good non-terminal draw can turn a large hand into a costly card on top of your deck.
- Vagrant with Cursers or Looters allows you to junk up your opponent's deck and filter out the junk on top of your own deck.
- Scrying Pool not only draws a bunch of these, but also lets you adjust the top of your oppenent's deck.
- Magpie can filter out copper and silver, then tells you your top card. Unfortunately, it also filters out high cost treasures such as gold.
- Count, Mandarin, Replace, Develop, Treasure Map, Taxman, Tracker or Scavenger can be used to top-deck a costly card.
- Sea Hag can be used to top-deck a curse onto your opponent's deck.
- Deck Inspectors such as Patrol, Navigator.
Since buying a Villa allows you to play more actions after your buy phase, a Villa enables the following combos with events:
- Scouting Party for adjusting the top card.
- Travelling Fair to buy an expensive card onto the top of your deck.
- Cards with debt in their cost decrease the odds of success.
- Alchemist especially, with a potion in hand, it will always be on the top of the deck.
- Bridge Troll reduces the cost of your cards.
- To a lesser extent, Ferry reduces the cost of one action which you have been accumulating.
- Patrician filters out cards with a cost of or more from the top of your deck.
 English versions
|+1 Action. Reveal the top card of your deck and put it into your hand. The player to your left reveals the top card of their deck. If your card costs more, +and +1 .||Empires||June 2016|
 Other language versions
 Previewand +1 if your card is costlier than theirs. Their card is the same all turn usually, so after the first Chariot Race you will know what your other Chariot Races are up against.
 Secret History