From DominionStrategy Wiki
Add to a Supply pile.|
Setup: Add to each Supply pile. When a player buys a card, they take the from its pile.
Tax is an Event from Empires. Simply by being in a game, it causes the first buy of any card to give the buyer . In addition, Tax can be bought to add more to a pile, functioning as a kind of pseudo-Attack, similar to Embargo.
 Official FAQ
- Every Supply pile starts with Silver. , including Kingdom cards and basic cards like
- The Event itself, when bought, adds to a single pile, whether or not that pile has any on it already.
- The is taken by the next player to buy a card from that pile; gaining a card without buying it leaves the on the pile.
 In other languages
- Dutch: Belasting
- Finnish: Verotus (lit. taxation)
- German: Steuer
- Japanese: 徴税 (pron. chōzei, lit. tax collection)
- Polish: Podatek
- Russian: Налог (pron. nalog)
 Secret Historyand put two tokens on a pile. Then it got a Setup rule that made piles start with . It was hard squeezing everything into the set, and one trick was to turn this into an Event.