|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-general channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Illustrator(s)||Marcel-André Casasola Merkle|
At the end of your Buy phase, if you didn't gain any cards|
during it, +1 Coffers and +1 Villager.
Exploration is a Project from Renaissance. It rewards you with +1 Coffers and +1 Villager for ending your Buy phase without gaining any cards during it.
 Unofficial FAQ (2022)
- This only cares if you gained a card in your Buy phase; it does not care if you gained cards at other times, and it does not care if you bought an Event or Project during your Buy phase unless you gained a card by doing so.
- For example if all you buy on your turn is Exploration, you will get +1 Coffers and +1 Villager that turn.
 Other rules clarifications
Exploration got errata in 2022 to check whether cards were gained by you in your Buy phase, rather than just whether you bought them.
- If you take multiple Buy phases (with Villa or Cavalry), Exploration will check each of them to see if any cards were gained in it.
Deprecated official FAQ (2021)
Deprecated rules clarifications (2019 2021)
Exploration is most useful on turns when you would not buy cards anyway, such as:
- When buying Events or other Projects
- Turns when you trash most of your hand, such as with Chapel or Steward, and cannot afford anything
- The turn you play Tactician
- Devil's Workshop gains better cards when buys are skipped.
- Turns that dud
- After an opponent played one or more Swamp Hags
- Paying off Debt
Sometimes it can be worth sacrificing your buys to save up Coffers tokens to spike an important early purchase, such as Inheritance, or to save the Villager for the following turn to prevent a collision. Exploration can also be a nice addition to a big money strategy.
 English versions
|At the end of your Buy phase, if you didn't buy any cards, +1 Coffers and +1 Villager.||Renaissance||November 2018|
|At the end of your Buy phase, if you didn't buy any cards during it, +1 Coffers and +1 Villager.||Renaissance (2021 printing)|
|At the end of your Buy phase, if you didn't gain any cards during it, +1 Coffers and +1 Villager.||June 29, 2022|
 Other language versions
The card from the 2018 printing credits the illustration to Eric J. Carter, though it is actually by Marcel-André Casasola Merkle.
 Secret History
 Relevant outtakes
- If <= 3 cards in play at start of Clean-up, +3 Cards in next hand. I liked it until it turned out to be strong with just money.- At end of Buy phase, if spent <= , +1 Coffers. I guess, helped contribute to Exploration happening? Exploration and City Gate were the last two.