|This page is awaiting large-scale edits by the community to meet quality and format standards. The information on this page may be outdated. Join the #wiki-meta channel on the Dominion Discord server to participate.|
|Illustrator(s)||Marcel-André Casasola Merkle|
|At the end of your Buy phase, if you didn't buy any cards, +1 Coffers and +1 Villager.|
 Official FAQ
- This only cares if you bought a card in your Buy phase; it does not care if you gained cards other ways, or if you bought an Event (from Adventures and Empires) or Project.
- For example if all you buy on your turn is Exploration, you will get +1 Coffers and +1 Villager that turn.
 Other rules clarifications
- Exploration gives you tokens at the end of the Buy phase if you didn't buy any cards during that Buy phase; unlike Hermit, this does not check your entire turn. If your turn has multiple Buy phases due to Villa or Cavalry, earlier Buy phases do not count; similarly, if you buy a card during the Action phase using Black Market, it does not prevent Exploration from activating.
Exploration is most useful on turns when you would not buy cards anyway, such as:
- When buying Events or other Projects
- Turns when you trash most of your hand, such as with Chapel or Steward, and cannot afford anything
- The turn you play Tactician
- Devil's Workshop gains better cards when buys are skipped.
- Turns that dud
- After an opponent played one or more Swamp Hags
- Paying off Debt
Sometimes it can be worth sacrificing your buys to save up Coffers tokens to spike an important early purchase, such as Inheritance, or to save the Villager for the following turn to prevent a collision. Exploration can also be a nice addition to a big money strategy.
 English versions
|At the end of your Buy phase, if you didn't buy any cards, +1 Coffers and +1 Villager.||November 2018|
 Other language versions
 Secret History