|Choose one: Gain a card from the trash costing fromto , onto your deck; or trash an Action card from your hand and gain a card costing up to more than it.|
Graverobber is an Action card from Dark Ages. It is a card built around gaining cards from the trash, and putting them on top of your deck so you can use them as soon as possible—but it also has a trash-for-benefit ability, to ensure that the trash will often have good enough things in it worth gaining. It is an ideal soft terminal; while it has to trash colliding Actions to reap a benefit from them, it can fetch them back out of the trash later.
 Official FAQ
- You choose either option, then do as much of it as you can; you can choose an option even if you will not be able to do it.
- You can look through the trash at any time.
- If you choose to gain a card from the trash, the other players get to see what it is, and it goes on top of your deck.
- If there is no card in the trash costing from to , you will fail to gain one.
- Cards with Alchemy) or (from Empires) in the cost do not cost from to . (from
- If you choose instead to trash an Action card from your hand, the card you gain is put into your discard pile.
 Strategy Article
Graverobber's trash for benefit ability is like a more limited Expand, but it's also cheaper. The best use case for it is trashing Action cards to gain Provinces, or picking Action cards out of the trash. And Graverobber itself is a Action, so that strategy is always possible with Graverobber around. However, by itself, Graverobber with Big Money isn't very good, and needs a variety of support—villages to play both your Graverobbers and your other actions, Smithies to draw them faster, and so on. A full engine.
- Treasury: If you use Graverobber to gain Provinces (by trashing Treasuries), you can keep putting Treasuries back on top of your deck since you never need to buy Victory cards.
- Pillage: If you use Graverobber to get back the Pillage you just played (and trashed), that lets you keep playing Pillages every turn without needing to spend and a Buy on them.
- Witch, Mountebank, Soothsayer and Cultist are all Actions that lose most of their utility once the Curse or Ruins pile runs out, allowing Graverobber an easy path to Province.
- Golem: Hitting a Graverobber with a Golem allows you to trash or recover a card, allowing quick access to Provinces. If all your actions are Golems and Graverobbers and you have at least two Graverobbers, a hand with a Golem and only one Graverobber guarantees a Province.
- Knights: Allows you to recover cards you have been forced to trash or other players cards you have trashed.
- Action cards with on-trash effects
 English versions
|Choose one: Gain a card from the trash costing fromto , putting it on top of your deck; or trash an Action card from your hand and gain a card costing up to more than it.||Dark Ages 1st Edition||August 2012|
|Choose one: Gain a card from the trash costing fromto , onto your deck; or trash an Action card from your hand and gain a card costing up to more than it.||Dark Ages 2nd Edition||September 2017|
 Other language versions
 Secret History