You may reveal a Gold or Plunder from your hand. If you do not, set this aside, and return it to the Supply at the start of Clean-up.
Encampment is an Action card from Empires. It is a cheap variant of Lost City—a village that also increases handsize, a very powerful engine component—but you only get to use it once unless you have a Gold or Plunder in hand. It belongs to a split pile; five copies of Encampment sit on top of five copies of Plunder.
 Official FAQ
- Revealing a Plunder or Gold is optional.
- When you return Encampment to the Supply, it goes on top of its pile, potentially covering up a Plunder.
 Other Rules clarifications
- If you cannot return Encampment to the Supply (e.g. you bought it from the Black Market), then if it is set aside it will stay there but will still count as one of your cards at the end of the game.
 Alternate Versions
 In other languages
- Dutch: Kampement
- Finnish: Leiri
- German: Feldlager
- Japanese: 陣地 (pron. jinchi)
- Polish: Obozowisko
- Russian: Лагерь (pron. lagyer')
 Secret Historyfor. At first you had to have Plunder to keep it; that sometimes worked well, sometimes not so well. To improve the card it changed to also letting you reveal Gold; it flirted with just referring to