Landmarks are not Kingdom cards; including one or more Landmarks in a game does not count toward the 10 Kingdom card piles the supply includes. In fact, Landmarks are not considered "cards" at all; any text referring to a "card" (such as instructions to "name a card") does not apply to Landmarks. However, for reference, the Landmark effects are printed on cards in a landscape orientation with dark green frames.
There are 21 Landmarks, any number of which may be used in a game of Dominion, though Donald X recommends not using more than two total Landmarks, Events, and Projects. When choosing a random Kingdom, the Landmarks may be shuffled into the randomizer deck; any Landmarks that are dealt once 10 Kingdom cards have also been dealt will be included in the game.
 List of Landmarks
- Bandit Fort
- Defiled Shrine
- Mountain Pass
- Triumphal Arch
- Wolf Den
 Official Rules
- Landmarks provide new ways for players to score. Like Events, they are not Kingdom Cards.
- Players may choose how to determine what Landmarks to play with. They may shuffle them with Events and deal out 2 cards from that pile every game; they may shuffle them into the Randomizer deck and use 0-2 depending on how many come up before finding 10 Kingdom Cards; or they may use any method they like.
- Whatever method is used, Landmarks in use are visible to all from the start of the game.
- We recommend using no more than two per game.
- Many Landmarks only apply when scoring at the end of the game.
- In addition to counting up their regular points, players add some bonus based on the Landmark.
- A few are penalties instead - players subtract points from their score.
- Some Landmarks start with 6 tokens on them per player in the game. So, 12 in a 2-player game, up to 36 in a 6-player game. These Landmarks then provide a way for players to get the tokens from the Landmark.
- When the tokens on the Landmark run out, players cannot earn further points in that way.
 In other languages
- Dutch: Bezienswaardigheden
- Finnish: Maamerkki
- German: Landmarke
- Japanese: ランドマーク (pron. randomāku)
- Polish: Krajobraz
- Russian: Веха (pron. vyekha)
 Secret Historyper player" cards started with 12 , and I tried a few at "4 per player."