When you gain this, put it into your hand, +1 Action, and if it's your Buy phase return to your Action phase.
Villa is an Action card from Empires. It is a village that allows you to use it immediately when you gain it, even returning to your Action phase from your Buy phase, which can allow for some trick moves. Its actual effect is relatively weak for a village of its cost, however—it gives +Buy and + , but does not draw—so gaining too many of these just for their on-gain shenanigans could weaken your deck overall without substantial sources of +Cards.
 Official FAQ
- If you gain this during your Action phase, such as with Engineer, you will put the Villa into your hand and get +1 Action (letting you, for example, play the Villa).
- If you gain this during your Buy phase (such as by buying it), you will put the Villa into your hand, get +1 Action, and return to your Action phase.
- This will let you play more Action cards (such as the Villa); when you are done with that you will return to your Buy phase, from the beginning - you can play more Treasures (and Arena will trigger again).
- If you buy Villa, that uses up your default Buy for the turn, however playing Villa will give you +1 Buy and so let you buy another card in your second Buy phase.
- If you gain this during another player's turn, you will put the Villa into your hand and get +1 Action, but will have no way to use that Action, since it is not your turn.
- It is possible to return to your Action phase multiple times in a turn via buying multiple Villas.
- Returning to your Action phase does not cause "start of turn" abilities to repeat; they only happen at the start of your turn.
 Other Rules clarifications
- Villa visits the discard pile before being put in your hand. This means that when you gain it with a card like Artificer (which changes gain location), Villa will visit the top of your deck before going into your hand, while if gained by a card like Replace (which moves cards after gaining them), you will have a choice between the multiple gain locations.
- Gaining a Villa during your Buy phase does not "end" your Buy phase in a technical sense; therefore Wine Merchant cannot be discarded from your Tavern mat when you return to your Action phase.
 Alternate Versions
 In other languages
- Dutch: Villa
- Finnish: Huvila
- German: Villa
- Polish: Willa
- Russian: Вилла (pron. villa)
 Secret History