You may trash this for + .
Mining Village is an Action card from Intrigue. It is a village (i.e., it gives +2 actions), and can also be used for a one-shot . This means it has a few distinct uses—as a way to get a very early expensive card by trashing it as soon as possible, as a mainstay of a village/smithy engine by never trashing it until the very end, or as a mega-turn enabler by buying up many Mining Villages and trashing them all on the same turn.
 Official FAQ
- First draw a card and get +2 Actions; then choose whether or not to trash Mining Village before moving on to other actions or other phases, getting + if you did.
- You may not trash Mining Village later in the turn, only right then.
- If you Throne Room a Mining Village, you cannot trash it twice (and so cannot get the + twice).
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
Original article by theory
Mining Village is best thought of as a one-shot Conspirator/Grand Market. Its ability makes it one of the best openers: by trashing it, you can slingshot to , , or possibly even much faster than you otherwise would be able to with a Silver. But to use it effectively, you have to commit to trashing it quickly; otherwise, you’ve used a critical opening buy on a useless card.
In the midgame, Mining Village is one of the most usefulnon-terminals; it’s good to stock up on them so you can cash them in all at once for a mega-turn to end the game.
The fact that Mining Village provides +Actions is really just a bonus. For pure Actions, you’re better off with the other special Villages (Native Village, Worker's Village, Fishing Village, Wandering Minstrel), since Mining Village’s special ability isn’t as helpful in an Action-oriented strategy (if you’re trashing the Mining Villages, you can’t count on them for Actions). But it’s a good foundation for a +Actions/+Cards chain if you remember to start scrapping them for cash near the end of the game.
- Bridge (save up the Mining Villages until you can draw enough Bridges together, then trash them all for a game-ending turn)
- “Mega-turn” strategies in general
- Ironworks/Workshop for grabbing Mining Villages
- Good terminals, including +Cards
- Grand Market
- Kingdoms where you need to get to as quickly as possible
- The other slingshot Baron, Moneylender) cards (
- Throne Room/King's Court (since the benefit doesn’t get doubled/tripled)
- Good / cards that you’d form your strategy around
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Chinese: 礦業小鎮 (pron. kuàngyè xiǎo zhèn)
- Czech: Důlní osada
- Dutch: Mijndorp
- Finnish: Kaivoskylä
- French: Village minier
- German: Bergwerk
- Hungarian: Bányászfalu
- Italian: Villaggio Minerario
- Japanese: 鉱山の村 (pron. kōzan no mura)
- Korean: 광산촌 (pron. gwangsanchon)
- Norwegian: Bergstad
- Polish: Osada górnicza
- Russian: Шахтёрский посёлок (pron. shakhtyorskiy posyolok, Smart Ltd) / Шахтёрская Деревня (pron. shakhtyorskaya dyeryevnya, Dominion Online)
- Spanish: Aldea Minera
 Secret History