|Type(s)||Action - Attack|
|Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals their hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils from the Spoils pile.|
Pillage is an Action-Attack card from Dark Ages. It is a one-shot discard attack which lets you choose any card from the opponent's hand to discard. A single Pillage can often wreck your opponents' next turn entirely! It also gains you two Spoils.
 Official FAQ
- First trash Pillage.
- Then each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals their hand and discards a card of your choice.
- This happens in turn order, starting with the player to your left.
- Then you gain two Spoils cards.
- The two Spoils cards come from the Spoils pile, which is not part of the Supply.
- If there are no Spoils cards left, you do not get one; if there is only one, you just get one.
 Other Rules clarifications
 Strategy Article
Below are some basic comments about Pillage. For a more comprehensive article, see this forum thread.
A single Pillage is a devastating attack, as losing the best card of a five-card hand can sometimes ruin the entire turn. If your opponent has a hand with a Village and two Smithies? Make them discard the Village. Make sure their Throne Room or King's Court has no good target, or discard their Gold or terminal card draw if they're playing Big Money. Or if they're playing trashers such as Bishop or Forager, sadistically get rid of their trash targets so that they have to trash cards they actually want for their benefit.
It's deadly against combo decks, where you can pull out one of many pieces to make the combo fall apart. It also works against Big Money decks which can often be knocked down fromto with the loss of just a single card.
It's weakest against decks filled with cantrips - what are you going to discard from a hand of (Pearl Diver, Wishing Well, Vagrant, Sage, Village)? No matter what, they'll just keep drawing cards until they find their good ones.
When is it a good time to buy a one-shot Pillage instead of another engine component? Not sure.
- Graverobber, Rogue, and Lurker can let you pick your Pillages up out of the trash and reuse them.
- Pillage is great against Big Money decks and decks which rely on particular combos
- Gainers like University let you get Pillages while still buying other cards.
 English versions
|Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils from the Spoils pile.||Dark Ages 1st Edition||August 2012|
|Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals their hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils from the Spoils pile.||Dark Ages 2nd Edition||September 2017|
 Other language versions
|Finnish||Ryöstöretki (lit. foray)|
|German||Raubzug (lit. raid)|
|Japanese||略奪 (pron. ryakudatsu)||これを廃棄する。手札が5枚以上の他のプレイヤーは全員、手札を公開し、あなたが選択するカード1枚を捨て札にする。その後、あなたは(略奪品の山から)略奪品2枚を獲得する。|
|Korean||강탈 (pron. gangtal, lit. ravishment)|
|Polish||Rabunek (note: as referred to in Polish Empires rulebook)|
|Russian||Погром (pron. pogrom, lit. pogrom)|
 Card Art
 Secret Historyeach, but that was too good. Now you get Spoils.