|Draw 2 extra cards for your next hand.|
 Official FAQ
- This increases the number of cards you draw in Cleanup of the same turn.
- It is cumulative.
- Normally you draw 5 cards; after an Expedition you would draw 7, after two Expeditions you would draw 9, and so on.
- It only applies for the turn you buy it.
- If you play Outpost (from Seaside), getting an extra turn with only 3 cards, and also buy Expedition, you add the 2 extra cards onto the base of 3 cards, for 5 cards total.
There is no strategy article for Expedition, but it has been discussed on the forum.
Expedition is a form of non-terminal draw; it increases the size of your next hand by 2 without having to spend an Action. That's as good as a double Laboratory at a fraction of the price. The downside is, of course, that you have to buy it every turn in order to get the increased handsize, which makes it unsustainable as draw in an engine most of the time. That being said, it's often a decent buy when playing an engine if you happen to have a mediocre draw. Oftentimes, you don't want to add another Silver to your deck, so you might as well set up a better turn for next time.
Expedition shines whenever you can do something with the large handsize. One option is to use it to trash a lot of cards at once with Forge or Count, or get most of your Coppers in play at the same time to trash them with Mint. Another option is to enable hitting a high price point early in the game, so you can get your first Altar, King's Court, Prince or Province (on a Tournament board) ASAP. Finally, you can use it to enable a megaturn next turn if you just happened to miss it. Especially megaturns with cost-reducers like Expedition, because you don't need the money anyway if everything is free.
Since Expedition increases your hand during Clean-up, most handsize attacks played by other players will almost completely nullify the Expeditions you bought, making this Event a risky purchase when such cards are available.
Although intuitively it makes most sense to go for Expedition in an engine, it's also usable in Big Money late game. The extra handsize might enable you to buy the last Province if your deck already has a lot of green in it, making it more useful than buying that extra Estate at times.
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Expeditie
- Finnish: Tutkimusmatka (lit. exploration)
- French: Expédition
- German: Expedition
- Japanese: 探検 (pron. tanken)
- Russian: Экспедиция (pron. ekspyeditsiya)
 Secret History