Discard the top card of your deck. If it is an Action card, you may play it.
Vassal is an Action card from the second edition of the base set. If the top card of your deck is an Action, Vassal can play it; otherwise, the top card is discarded. Either way, it gives + , making it sometimes a terminal silver, and sometimes a sort of Peddler variant.
 Official FAQ
- If the card is an Action card, you can play it, but do not have to.
- If you do play it, you move it into your play area and follow its instructions; this does not use up one of your Action plays for the turn.
 Other Rules clarifications
Vassal is strong in decks with high action density when you have some +action to spare. However, be aware that there are some cards you sometimes don't really want to reveal. (For instance, your Trade Route when you have only strong cards in hand). It is best with strong trashing.
- Strong trashing, if not mandatory (Chapel, Steward)
- cards that reveal or let you control the top card - Magpie in particular excels at this, because revealing an action both gives you an action to play with your vassal, and gives you another magpie if there are any left
- Wandering Minstrel
- Revealing Action cards that are useless on their own, such as Throne Room.
- Cards that have the potential to be harmful to your deck.
 English versions
|+. Discard the top card of your deck. If it is an Action card, you may play it.||Dominion 2nd Edition||October 2016|
 Other language versions
 Secret History