|Type(s)||Action - Traveller|
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Soldier.
Peasant is an Action-Traveller card from Adventures. A vanilla Herbalist on play, it is the first in a line of five increasingly powerful cards. It can be exchanged for a Soldier when discarded from play.
 Official FAQ
- See the section on Travellers.
- When you play Peasant, you get +1 Buy and + .
- When you discard it from play, you may return it to its pile and take a Soldier, putting it into your discard pile.
There is no strategy article for Peasant, but it has been discussed on the forum.
Peasant, on its own, is a weak card; on play, it is strictly inferior to Herbalist, a weak card to begin with. The main reason to buy it is because of the cards it can upgrade into. Teacher, the top card in the Peasant traveller line, is a very strong (albeit slow) card that kickstarts any engine by giving out the vanilla bonus tokens (+Card, +Action, + , +Buy), and Disciple is a strong Throne Room variant that gains a copy of the card it doubles. Soldier can field a lot of in Kingdoms with multiple Attacks. Wanting any of these cards for your engine is the main reason to buy Peasant.
In a pinch, Peasant can provide +Buy for an engine, not unlike Herbalist or even Ruined Market. However, you might be better off holding out for Teacher's +Buy token.
 Alternate versions
Digital version for Dominion Online
 In other languages
- Dutch: Boer
- Finnish: Maalainen
- French: Paysan
- German: Kleinbauer
- Japanese: 農民 (pron. nōmin, lit. farmer)
- Polish: Chłop (note: as referred to in Polish Empires rulebook)
- Russian: Крестьянин (pron. kryest'yanin)
 Secret History