Courtier is an Action card from the second edition of Intrigue. It offers you a choice of a variety of effects; and if you have a card in hand with multiple types, you can get more bonuses.
 Official FAQ
- First reveal a card from your hand, then count the types.
- The types are the words on the bottom line – including Action, Attack, Curse, Reaction, Treasure, and Victory (with more in expansions).
- Then choose one different thing per type the card had; if you revealed a card with two types, you pick two things.
- For example you could reveal a and choose "gain a ," or reveal a and choose "+1 Action" and "+ ."
- If you gain a Gold, put the Gold into your discard pile.
 Other Rules clarifications
- Revealing a card with four types gives you all bonuses.
- Revealing a card with more than four types (such as an as a ) just gives you all four bonuses; you don't get to pick a fifth one.
- Different Courtiers can reveal different cards from your hand.
- If you play Courtier and have no cards in hand, you get no bonus.
- Cards with many types, such as or .
 English versions
|| Reveal a card from your hand. For each type it has (Action, Attack, etc.), choose one: +1 Action; or +1 Buy; or + ; or gain a Gold. The choices must be different.
|| Intrigue 2nd Edition
|| October 2016
 Other language versions
|| Höflinge (lit. courtiers)
|| Decke eine Handkarte auf.|
Für jeden Kartentyp (Aktion, Angriff ...), den sie hat, wähle eine andere Option:
nimm ein Gold vom Vorrat.
|| 廷臣 (pron. teishin)
|| 手札1枚を公開する。それが持つ種類 (アクション、アタック等)1つにつき、次のうち1つを選ぶ (異なるものを選ぶ):「+1 アクション」:「+1 購入」:「+ 」:「金貨1枚を獲得する」。
|| Придворный (pron. pridvorny)
|| Раскройте карту из руки. Для каждого присущего ей типа (Действие, Атака, и т. д.) выберите одно из четырёх: +1 Действие; или +1 Покупка; или + ; или получите Золото. Выборы не должны повторяться.
 Secret History
I wanted yet another card that was good with / / . Counting types was a way to trigger off of those cards, but would also work with Attacks
, and other things. In a few cases you can get to three, and one card takes you to four (). To stop it from going crazy when it gets to three, there are two strong options and two weaker ones. All four get used though.